Diplomates who have not already completed a Self-Assessment Module (SAM) in 2013 should complete a SAM no later than December 21, 2013 to successfully fulfill the annual module requirement. While the 100 points of education may be completed anytime during the three-year stage, one module (SAM or PPM) must be completed each calendar year. Diplomates who do not complete a module by December 21 will no longer be able to be verified as a Diplomate as of January 1, 2014. (Note that this does not apply to the September 2013 Diplomates, who will begin MOC on January 1, 2014.)
Diplomates, Don't Forget Your MOC
The MOC annual fee of $150 is due by 12/31/13. Below is information from the ABO regarding the SAM/PPM and 100 points of education requirement.
Next Exam December 30, 2013-January 31, 2014
- December 30, 2013 - January 31, 2014 will be the last ABO board certification examination under the phase-in rules.
- Visit http://www.americanboardofoptometry.org to register
We Are Here To Help!
- Optometry Board Certified is designed to help our busy, optometric colleagues navigate the new Optometry Board Certification (BC)/Maintenance of Certification (MOC) process.
- We sift through all of the available information and let you know WHEN, WHERE and most importantly, HOW to become Optometry Board Certified!
- Optometry Board Certified is your comprehensive source for information on Optometry Board Certification eligibility, application process, exam content, free resources and Live COPE-approved preparation courses.
- Online course materials and sample test questions are available to Live course attendees.